Monday, October 26, 2009

Toga

I have again been neglecting my little blog here. We are having a Halloween party Saturday and I am making Togas for Dave and myself. I cannot sew. I am making my poor sewing skills work. With all the draping and pleating it covers up my mistakes and I have been double stitching the seams because I'm scared they will fall apart. These are my sketches, I'll post pictures when they are done.
Last year we had a terrible time finding Dave a costume. Did I mention he is 6'5. I was a nurse and the doctor costume fit him like a not so sexy belly shirt... so we returned it, bought a gunshot wound and he was my patient.

Our first halloween together he went as Chris Farley in that SNL chippendale skit which required his black pants, a t-shirt and bow tie. It was a last minute costume for me and believe it or not I just happened to have this in my closet...

I guess I need to get better at this seing thing before next year.

Oh, if you dont know me you cant come to my party, but I strongly recommend you look into the Henry David Ball in Philly, PA. It's $25 in costume and $60 without and it seems to be the inspiration for the gay pride costume ball in "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry." This kid was a blast, but Dave had to flag him a taxi, because taxi drivers are douches and wouldn't stop for him :(

No comments:

Post a Comment